Unilodge on A'Beckett
Available for short and long term bookings, UniLodge on A Beckett provides student accommodation located in the heart of Melbourne on A'Beckett Street, just five minutes walk from the Melbourne Campus. UniLodge on A'Beckett (formerly called Taylors on A'Beckett) is a purpose-built student accommodation facility designed specifically for students. It features single, twin-share and superior rooms for more than 100 students, and has its own basement car park.
Students living at UniLodge on A'Beckett share laundry, bathroom and kitchen facilities as well as communal living areas. A team of friendly and experienced staff members is available to assist you every day of the week and resident supervisors are available after hours.
UniLodge on A'Beckett can also offer accommodation (subject to availability) for family members visiting for a short period of time. The lodge is walking distance to excellent libraries, art galleries, sporting venues, restaurants, shops and a diverse range of entertainment. One amazing aspect of UniLodge on A'Beckett's location is the closeness to Victoria Market, one of the largest markets in the Southern Hemisphere. UniLodge on A'Beckett is an excellent accommodation option.
- Downtown Melbourne location
- Five minute walk from Taylors UniLink campus
- Fully furnished single and twin-share hostel rooms
- Telephone and TV aerial points in every room
- Broadband internet available
- Large common room
- Kitchenette, with a storage area, refrigerator, freezer and microwave
- Bathroom facilities, private and secure
- On-site restaurant
- Meal package available (compulsory for students under 18 years)
- 24 hour security and monitored access
- Minimum age is 16 years
Living with homestay hosts
Living with a homestay host can be a valuable part of an international student's learning experience in Australia, and enjoyable and rewarding for everyone. All our homestay hosts are experienced in looking after international students. They have had a security check done by Police, and their homes are inspected before students are placed.
- Students have their own room with bed, bedding, wardrobe, desk, desk lamp, and bookcase
- A clean, comfortable home environment
- Full board being self-serve breakfast, dinner prepared by the host, and self-serve lunch
- Help from the host to ensure students are confident using public transport
- Use of laundry facilities (students will usually need to do their own laundry and ironing)
- Access to a telephone (a phone card will be needed, or another way to pay for calls)
- Care by the host, in the event of illness
- A curfew for students who are under 18 years of age to ensure their safety and wellbeing